Kentucky KM-252 Artist A-model Mandolin – Transparent Amber
In 1922, mandolin designs began to change, as did the musical tastes of the time. The greatest Acoustic Engineer of the day began to develop designs that incorporated F shaped sound holes instead of the Oval holes designs that ultimately tightened-up the airy, woody nature of the traditional A shape and accentuated the treble frequencies, often lacking in previous Oval hole designs. All combined the KM-252 with a transparent amber finish offers the musician better balance and greater volume to meet the ever changing musical styles to come.
- Solid carved Sitka spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice East Indian rosewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- Transparent amber lacquer finish imparts enhanced luster and beauty